Falcon AeroLab is a lab based STEM program aimed at preparing Colorado students for Colorado jobs and creating students that are college, career and community ready. AeroLab is partnering with parents who agree that the status quo in K-12 education is not an option, we strive to create an educational environment of individualized instruction so each child succeeds.
Falcon AeroLab has a different and exciting approach to education as well as having a curriculum that follows and meets Colorado's educational standards. This is a tuition free, project based enrichment program. Lab fees per semester do apply, financial assistance is available based on need. Students are instructed and guided by highly qualified professionals from the aeronautics industry.
Level 1 (ages 12-15)
Level 1 is about inspiring our students. They get to experience activities from the many variations of aviation.
- Build/Fly/Repair RC aircrafts and drones
- Hot air balloon rides
- Glider flights with highly experienced pilots
- First hand experience from the cockpit of a powered aircraft
- Helicopter flights
- Vertical windtunnel
- Distinguished Lecture Series. Speakers include: Historians, Test Pilots, Cyber Experts, Astronauts, Engineers, Firemen, Combat Veterans and POWs.
- Field trips and tours include: The Air Force Academy, Wings Over The Rockies Air & Space Museum, iFly Indoor Skydiving, Center For American Values, Weisbrod Museum, Challenger Learning Center, Space Foundation, Museum of WWII Aviation
LEVEL 2 (ages 14-19)
Level 2 is about building a personal portfolio of professional credentials. It is structured as an independent study. Students will be paired with an expert from their choosen field. Opportunities include:
- Solo in a Glider (must be 14 years old by Dec. 18th)
- Solo in a Powered Airplane (must be 16 years old by Dec 18th)
- Pursue FAA part 107 professional drone operator certification (must be 16 years old by April 19th)
- Pursue Cyber NET PLUS certification
Falcon Aerolab now includes options for aerospace career shadowing, internships and paid apprenticeships.